Assistance for Foreigners’ Travel and Stay in the Republic of Bulgaria
Who is the insurance intended for?
The insurance is intended for foreign citizens who are residing in the Republic of Bulgaria on short- or long-term basis, or travel across the country as transit passengers.
What risks does the insurance cover?
The insurer provides cover for the obligatory insurance with an insurance amount of BGN 60 000 for the following risks and services:
- Medical expenses related to medical examination, diagnostics, therapeutic treatment and surgical intervention, fees for physicians and specialists as well as hospital expenses related to the insured person’s admission, treatment and stay in hospital.
- Medical expenses related to the insured person’s outpatient treatment
- Expenses for dental care due to unexpected emergency conditions
- Death of the insured person as a result of accident
- Repatriation of a sick person
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Daily allowances for hospital stay
This insurance is made pursuant to an ordinance setting out the obligatory insurance of foreigners who reside on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria (Ordinance on the general conditions, minimum insurance amount, minimum insurance premium and the terms and conditions for making obligatory medical insurance of foreigners who reside in the Republic of Bulgaria on short- or long-term basis or who travel across the country as transit passengers);
Why should I insure with Generali?
- We provide 24 hours assistance service on the territory of Bulgaria by Generali Insurance customer service center
- Competitive tariff conditions
- High quality and timely service upon occurrence of insurance event