Cargo during Carriage (Cargo)
Who is the insurance intended for?
This insurance administers the commercial commodity exchange by protecting individuals and legal entities – owners of cargo, against the risks during carriage.
What is subject to insurance?
All kinds of cargos carried by sea, road, air or combined transport and the related material interests during the carriage may be insured.
What risks does the insurance cover?
Generali Insurance provides insurance cover for loss, damage or expenses due to occurred insurance event caused by dangers related to the transport of cargo by road, air and water. The insurance cover complies with the London Institute Cargo Clauses:
- Institute Cargo Clauses (А) - 1.1.09 - for all risks against loss and/or damage of insured cargo during the carriage, except as explicitly excluded;
- Institute Cargo Clauses (С) - 1.1.09 - for minimum cover comprising loss and/or damage of insured cargo due to the occurrence of specific risks (fire, explosion, overturn or derailment of the motor vehicle, crash or contact of the motor vehicle with any kind of external object whatsoever, except water and other sea risks);
- Institute Cargo Clauses (В) - 1.1.09 - for limited cover comprising the cover under Institute Cargo Clauses (С) - 1.1.09 and the risks earthquake, volcano eruption, lightning, penetration of sea, lake or river water in the motor vehicle, total loss of specific package during loading and unloading operations;
- Other conditions and clauses that are generally accepted in the international insurance practice – for specific cargos and types of transport;
- Internal Cargo clauses – for loss and/or damage of the insured cargo due to fire, explosion, natural disasters, car accident, overturn or derailment of the motor vehicle, etc. – for cargos carried on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The insurance cover may be extended and Generali Insurance offers additional cover of the following risks:
- Military risks – under the conditions of Institute Military Clauses (Cargo) - 1.1.09;
- Strikes, riots and civil resurrections – under the conditions of Institute Strike Clauses (Cargo) - 1.1.09;
- Damages that have occurred during loading and unloading operations;
- Breaking due to the fragile nature of the cargo;
- Spoiling due to failure of the cooler installation for cargos carried by cooling motor vehicles;
- Other specific risks
Why should I insure with Generali?
- We offer quick and easy way to prevent the risk
- We offer individual approach to every client
- Precise and correct work during claim settlement